6/13/2013

Lost in the Fire


Everyday my eyes get colder. This refrigerator is taking more than what is being put in. I’m frozen. I’m frozen.
There is something about this day that’s going to be different I know it’s going to be different because the sky is a little bit lower today.

It’s closer to my head.
It’s closer to my hands.

This new student teacher has a sky of his own and it is way above my head. We talk of revolution and the name of Hitler’s dog. There are somedays when I come home dumber than when I left.

A boy told me I was pretty.
      I believed him because he was pretty.

     The sky looked closer so I tried to touch it with my hands. My math teacher told me I couldn’t let factors fool me. That’s the first time math has become helpful.

     Because you fooled me.
     And now my hands are lost in the fire. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words and beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete

please let me know what you think.